Unchained Bride is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visit www.unchainedbride.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Sadie Baldwin of 10 Cambridge Street, Rotherham, S652TD.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.unchainedbride.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
1. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
2. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information you give to us. We will use this information in the following way:
1. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
2. To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
3. To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
4. To notify you about changes to our service; and
5. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
1. To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
4. As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
5. To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
6. To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and may receive information about you from them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. The cookies used on our site have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
By using our site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
2. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
a. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
b. Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
c. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.; and
d. Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
e. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
f. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
g. If Unchained Bride’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
h. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Unchained Bride, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Unchained Bride may change this policy from time-to-time by updating this page, and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.. You should check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from: July 2017